Six Random Things About Me...
1. I have been hit by a forklift. Actually, we called it a cherry-picker. I was pinned between a rack and the cherry-picker. I broke my left foot and sprained my right foot. Now whenever I hear the sound of a forklift I kinda back away. And they made the accident into a safety video and changed the way everyone learned to drive the lifts.

2. I broke my right foot skateboarding. I borrowed Koren's long board and as I was leaving she said "don't kill yourself." I told her "don't worry, I'll just break something." When I got home I was skating back and forth in front of my house and the skateboard hit a crack in the sidewalk and I went one way and the board went the other way. Calling Koren to take me to the hospital was fun. And hearing my mom and everyone laughing when they looked at the x-ray and saw that I had broken my foot.

3. I scraped the crap out of my knee my first time at 7 Peaks water park. Amanda and I went and my first time down one of the slides my raft hit the water and it flipped me over and my knee scraped the bottom of the textured pool. It was so nasty but I didn't want to go home because we had just gotten there and paid a lot of money so I just kept putting band aids over it. And then we went down another slide and all I remember seeing is the lifeguard running towards us because I had fallen off again (of course it was a different slide).

4. My Saturn was stolen. Why anyone would want to steal that car is beyond me. Scott and I went out to get breakfast one Saturday morning and when we got outside I said "where is my car?" Scott said "it's over there...no it's not." So we had to call the cops and they didn't want to help me because the car is in my mom's name and only the "owner" can report it stolen. So I had to call my mom, who actually was in Georgia at the time, and she had to call and report it. And we ended up getting it back a few weeks later but they had stolen the catalytic converter and it was so loud. We didn't want to fix it just to get it stolen again so we junked it for $200. The funniest part is that Scott's car was there, along with my father in law's Mustang and Corvette, and my mother in law's F150 and they took MY car.

5. I once got locked in my bathroom and had to take the door off the hinges to get out. I lived by myself and the door knob broke and I couldn't get out. So I sat for a while until I thought of a way to get out. I found my nail kit and took the toe nail clippers out. With the clippers I was able to get the hinge out and pull the door off. I had to put my hands under the door and yank the door off. Of course it fell on me but I was able to get our so I didn't care. That was when I stopped locking the bathroom door!

6. My father in law used to say I was cursed. He always asked me if felt "unlucky?" I used too but now I can just laugh at the stuff that happens.
2 comments:
So so funny! I love all the stories! and #5 where you got locked in the bathroom is awesome! I had no idea you were just like McGyver! I used to love that show. ahhhh...good times.
LOL! I remember you telling me the one about the bathroom one and the one about the cherry picker good times Tina! Hey how come I never hear from you? :)
Post a Comment