Thursday, November 3, 2011

99 Years Young

Well my Granny passed away yesterday and I was asked to write up some memories of her, just like Nicky and Chrissy did.  I don't really have any specific memories but she was the feistiest lady I know!  I also remember her dog Velvet and how she would always call my mom "Velvet."  I remember her house and the creek behind it and walking with my cousins and being told about the dead bodies back there, because all good, older cousins like to make up stories to scare the younger cousins.  I'm still scared of creeks because of those stories.  Granny always needed her own Christmas card mailed to her because she would steal Grandma's and tell everyone about her "babies."  She was such a loving lady and so proud of her family, even when she couldn't remember anything else.  I also remember trying to get Grandma to be patient with Granny.  I think Granny would do things just to get under Grandmas skin!  I'm so grateful for the example of love that both Granny and Grandma have shown me.  I have such a wonderful family!

 Grandma, Granny, Aunt Chris, Me, and Scott at our pre-wedding dinner.

 Granny, Grandma, Mom, and Me after my wedding.

Aunt Chris, Grandma, Granny, Mom, Me, Chrissy, and Nicky 

 Mom, Grandma, Granny, Me, and Spencer, summer of 2009, 5 Generations



And one of my favorite family pictures!!

And a 4.5 Generation picture (I was pregnant with Spencer), Christmas 2007

2 comments:

Heather and Thomas Mann said...

I am sorry to hear about your granny! I hope you can feel the peace of the Spirit at this time. glad you can look back at some good memories!

Carole said...

This is so sweet Tina. I love you.