Let me just tell you about mine and Nicky's Tuesday and Thursday experiences. Nicky doesn't like driving in the snow so I, being the wonderful sister that I am, decided I would brave the drive with her so she could take her final on Tuesday.
We loaded up Spencer and Taylor into the Buick and started driving. As we were getting onto 215 we ran over what I thought was a chunk of snow and all of a sudden the car was LOUD! At first I thought we popped a tire or something but the car was driving fine, just loud. We got off a few exits later and the tire looked low so I went to put air in it. I had to wait in line to get change for the air, why do they charge for air now??? Isn't anything free anymore?
Once I got the change I put it in the machine without looking and pulled the hose out...and to my surprise the end of the hose wouldn't work on my tire. And by that time I was smelling gas but I just thought it was because we were at a gas station. I called Scott and told him I wanted to trade cars.
On our way to Scott's work (we had only gone a block or so) the gas smell was terrible and the gas light came on. When we left Magna we were at about half a tank and now the gas light is on??? I called Scott and asked him to meet us. Then we pulled into a parking lot and realized that there was gas leaking out of our car.
At this point I called Scott and asked him to take the rest of the afternoon off to come help us. He came and picked us up and we left the car there for him and Richard to tow back that night (it was still snowing like a mother).
By this time it was almost 1 (and Nicky's final started at 1 and we were only in West Valley) so we knew we wouldn't make it so we came home and Nicky emailed her professor and told him what happened. Luckily he is nice and did his best to help her out.
Nicky's other final was today so we thought it would be best if I drove again because of the snow. We had the van and we were going to trade cars with Scott but ran out of time. We ended up just driving the van down to Orem.
It took us almost 2 hours to get there (when it usually takes 45 minutes) and by the time we got there her final had already started. And Spencer was STARVING!!
Being the well prepared mother that I am...we left in such a hurry I didn't realize that the bottle I had in his diaper bag was the one that I had used on Tuesday to feed him on our way back from failed attempt to Utah County part ONE! The bottle was so rank that we went to a grocery store and I bought a new one. I'm sure there was a better option but that was the only idea I could come up with.
New bottle in hand, I feed Spencer in the car. He seems okay for now. Now all we have to do is make it to UVU for Nicky to pick up her final project from another class. We get there and her professor isn't in her office (yes, it's still snowing at this point)
While we wait for Nicky to find her professor Spencer is screaming in the car (I wasn't brave enough to get everyone out of the car and there were no parking spots) so I unbuckle him and hold him until he calms down.
Now Taylor is starving! I mean, it is after 12 and we always eat at 11 so as soon as Nicky gets back we head over to Wendy's for lunch and to the gas station to put some more gas in the van to make it back home (still snowing).
The trip to Wendy's is great we eat and head back out quickly because Spencer is on a two hour schedule for feedings because of his acid reflux and it's almost time for him to eat.
Anyways...that's my story! Today's trip took 4.5 hours out of our day and we didn't get a single thing done that we were supposed to. I don't think I will be making it down to Utah Valley anytime soon!!
4 comments:
That stinks! I can't believe it! How stinky about your car too. I hope it's cheap and easy to fix.
so what happened to your car? Did you run over a rock and puncture your gas tank?
there was a button sized hole in the gas tank and scott ended up getting this "clay" stuff to repair holes in gas tanks. it patched the hole and now the car is just sitting at pam and richard's until we make sure the patch is still working. scott said i also knocked the catalitic converter loose also, which is what is making it so loud so we are going to see what needs to be done to it.
Tina I hate to say it but ONLY YOU! That may sound rude but you do know that I am included in that category of random acts of catastrophe at the worst possible times. Oh well. I am up in Orem all the time... I would love to see your little guy if your ever hanging out.
Post a Comment