Monday, July 11, 2011

Kitchen Updates

BEFORE

AFTER
Thanks to KSL classified ads this stove was $25. Also we've added a piece of metal trim around the stove but I don't have a picture of that. I mean, I could go take a picture of it now, but then I would have to clean it off and I'm too lazy for that :)

BEFORE
I hated this faucet. It was always dirty and drippy.

AFTER
I really wanted the gun and since we use a portable dishwasher we had to make sure we could hook the dishwasher up to the the faucet. This was the ONLY faucet that had a gun and that we could use our dishwasher with. I love it. Thanks to Pam and Richard for our gift card to Lowes for Christmas.

We are S-L-O-W-L-Y updating our kitchen. I hope our oven is next. I'm pretty sure it's the original oven and the house was built in 1960. We have a "new" oven but it won't fit in the cabinet so we will have to do some modifications and that may take a while. It will be worth it because it was only $30 and it's WHITE, not yellow like the one we have now! It's pretty funny that the faucet cost more then the stove and oven combined!

4 comments:

Flee said...

Nice! It looks great! That makes me so excited to get into our house and finally being able to change things out WITHOUT having to ask a landlord! (not that we ever did. I can't afford to fix up another persons house:) WOO HOO for home ownership!

Heather and Thomas Mann said...

Looking good! It is crazy how expensive and time-consuming kitchen renovations can be. Good finds! I can't wait for the day we stop living in apartments!

Davenport Family said...

Love it! I can't wait to see the new stove!!!

Davenport Family said...

I meant oven;)